Friday, June 5, 2009

Totally Embarrassed


Image yourself in the middle of Wal-Mart with your child and out of no where they begin to throw a fit. Well, that was me just the other day. Wednesday, after picking Parker up from Kim's (my best friend who watches Parker while I work), he and I had to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart. Please keep in mind that you can say the word Wal-Mart and Parker almost begins to cry. Once I had picked up the needed items I headed to the deli to pick up some chicken tenders for dinner. After my order was complete, I put the chicken in the buggy and started to make my way to the front of the store. This is when it happened. Parker got mad and screamed at the top of his lungs. As if that isn't bad enough, it gets worse. I put my hand over his mouth and said, "Parker James, we do not act like that, now sit down and do not move." For once, I was very stern and even raised my voice. Well, just as I was telling him to sit on his bottom I hear, "Oh how cute. Is that your baby?" I turn my head and wouldn't you know that it was someone that I work with at the hospital. I was so embarrassed. I got even more embarrassed when I asked her if she wanted him and she said, "With that scream. Are you crazy." I am pretty sure that kids plan these things. It is like embarrassing their parents is their main focus. What is scary, is the Parker is only one and half. If he embarrasses me like this now what is it going to be like when he is 5.......10.....15?????? Scary!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment