Sunday, May 31, 2009

Graduation in Chiefland

OK.....so you know that you are getting old when
your oldest nephew graduates from high school.

This weekend, we headed to Chiefland for our oldest nephew, Josh's graduation. It was great fun and it meant a lot to us to be able to be there and support Josh.

On Friday, May 29th, Parker got to go swimming for just the second time in a large pool. Now, he is a very cautious youngin so he would inch his way to the water by sitting on his bottom, by lunch time he was jumping off the side of the pool to either Justin or myself. It was so cute! That evening, we headed off to graduation. Please keep in mind that graduation was held outside at seven in the evening so the sun was still shining bright. Well, because this is Chiefland, the whole town goes to graduation, so we had to be there almost an hour early. By the time we left graduation to head to the party, we were so sweaty that even Parker's clothes were stuck to him. I couldn't even suck in the fat rolls to hide them in pics because everything was just stuck to me. Well, we get to the party (which was beautiful) and what do they have......balloons everywhere. So, Parker started whining for a balloon. Well, when I told him no, that he would have to wait until we left he started walking up to people - who he didn't even know - and asked them for a balloon. At one point, we thought that he was with our niece when all the sudden we see some lady who we have no idea who she is walking around carrying Parker. We about died. Just before we left, Josh tied a balloon to Parker's shirt. I have you to know, that Parker feel asleep in the truck holding that balloon.

Saturday, Parker hit the pool with his cousin Bridget. I must say, I had forgotten just how much energy kids have when they are in the pool. Those two wore me out. At one point, Parker asked Bridget to pick him up. Well, she did. The catch is that it was in the deep end of the pool. I went and got Parker and carried him back to the shallow end of the pool while Bridget rode on my back. I thought that I was going to drown. After that we came in for lunch and a nap. After our naps, we headed back out for another few hours of swimming. By the end of yesterday I was near death.

We headed back home today and Hunter was glad to see us when we arrived. We enjoyed so much getting to spend time with family. Although Justin's family is three hours away, it is important to me that Parker spend time with his family and know who they are. This weekend who loved playing with Bridget and spending time with Josh and all the other big kids.....They are all growing up to fast!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment