Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Can I do it? Yes I Can ......

Ok. So my boys were out of town for 10 days and arrived back home on Saturday night. Yes moms. I let Parker go on vacation without me for 10 days. While Justin went hunting in Virginia Parker stayed in Chiefland with his Gama. I missed him very much, but I must say, the break was much needed. As for Justin, he too must have enjoyed his time away because he ended up getting one doe and three bucks (one of which was an eight point and is currently being stuffed to hang on the wall). While Parker was gone I thought that I would take care of something's that can't be done while he is home like clean with bleach (Parker helps with all of the cleaning and I don't feel it is safe for him to handle bleach), grocery shop, make fudge and decorate the house for Christmas. Yes. That's right, decorate the house for Christmas. You see, I have heard the stories from my sister about trying to decorate the house and the tree and how crazy it can be with the boys. So, I decided to do all of it while Parker was gone, except the outside decorations. I must say, all went well. I even set up a little tree in Parker's room with all of his John Deere ornaments and I also hung his John Deere stocking next to the tree. I used one of his John Deere blankets as the tree skirt and set some of his tractors next to the tree. It is so cute. Parker actually loved it so much that yesterday when I went into his room (keep in mind that I hadn't seen him in 10 days) he said, "were my cismas lights on my cismas tree go?" Seriously. Love you too. For those of you who don't know, cismas is how he says Christmas. I also bought him these little reindeer antlers from the dollar bin at Target and they were a huge hit. This year I decided to be brave and set out all of my precious Christmas items, as well as but the Christmas balls on the tree. Well, yesterday while cooking breakfast in the kitchen I turn around to see my son using his golf club to bat the balls off the tree and say, "yook (aka - look) mommy, I play baseball." I almost died. Once I had breakfast in the oven we walk into the living room were I have one of my most treasured Christmas decorations. It is a snow globe with a nativity inside and the Wiseman and all on the outside and a star on top. My parents got it for me one year and it is so beautiful. Well, after talking to the snowmen on the entertainment center Parker decides to check out the whole snow globe thing. Low and behold, with me sitting right there the turkey tried to pull the star off of the top of the snow globe. Seriously. Most kids would be in owe of the snow falling on the inside and the music. Nope. Not mine. That's not all. After he goes to bed last night I walk into the kitchen to get a drink and as I walk into the family room to look at the Christmas tree laying under the tree placed just so is a handful of balls off of the Christmas tree. I couldn't believe it. It would be one thing if he just took them off of the tree, but no. He pulls the balls hocks so I have to look over the whole tree to find were the rest of the ball before I can put it back on the tree. To top things off, this morning while I was putting his lunch in his lunch box I hear the balls on the tree start moving.....here is how the conversation went, "Parker, you better not be messing with the balls on the tree." "They not balls mommy, they ornaments." Ok. so maybe he was listening yesterday when I repeatedly told him that ornaments are for the tree and are not to be used as balls. I can't even imagine what is going to happen when I put a present or two under the tree. I thought that Hunter and her tail were a challenge with the tree and all. Please. That was only the beginning.

So you know that it is time for your little boy to start spending more time with daddy and the boys when he takes a decorative washcloth that is folded just so and holds it in the air and yells, "flower power." I nearly had eyeliner all over my face when Parker said those words this morning. My response, "Seriously son. You have got to hang out with daddy more. You can have power, but without the flower." I mean wanting to put on make-up when I put on my make-up is one thing, but when you start getting flower power you have crossed the line.

To top things off, we are trying to work on the whole potty thing. Well this morning he went potty on the potty and after he was done we put on his dinosaurs (aka - big boy undies). When it came time to get dressed for school you would have thought the world had come to an end. I told him it was time to put his diaper on and he lost it. He said, "I potty, so I wear dinosaurs." It was bad. After I got him under control and explained that we would put them back on after school all was good, I thought. I left to get myself dressed and Parker followed me. Well as we went in the room I turned around to find Hunter following us carrying Parker's underwear. Apparently she was on his side and thought that he should be able to wear them to school. My kids. What am I going to do......

Better be going. Chat with you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment