Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Big Heat Wave

Ok, it is only the middle of June and we have already ready hit 100 plus degrees outside. Since we still need to be tender with Parker's liver the poor guy is still home with family and can not attend school. What does this mean? This means mommy, daddy, Nana and Papaw are the ones playing outside with this little guy in this heat wave. Last Thursday I decided I couldn't take it any more. Parker and I had been on a walk early that morning. Then, before it got to hot I thought that I would go ahead and mow the yard so that Justin wouldn't have to do it when he got home. After that Parker and I played a little baseball. Later that afternoon, once Parker got up from his nap he wanted to go back outside. This is when it happened....it came to me that we needed a pool that was not only big enough for Parker, but also big enough for his mommy, daddy, Nana and Papaw. So, I called mom and Justin and ran the idea by them. They agreed, so Parker and I made our way to target to make the purchase. It is amazing. Now, Parker wants to swim all of the time. Plus for me because I get to work on my tan and plus for Parker because it is much cooler then playing baseball and golf in the front yard.

Yesterday, when I got home from work, Parker and Justin were out in the pool so I went and put my suit on and joined them. After I got in and went under water Parker got this look on his face and then said the following, "Mommy, turn around. Where did your work hair go?" I about lost it. To make things even better, I was getting ready for work and after putting on my make-up I went to make the beds. When Parker saw me he said, "Mommy you got your work face on now." He is too much. He knows that when mommy is home she is home to play and there is no make-up on and no time to do her hair.

It's hard to believe, but it is coming up on Parker's third birthday and after what he has been through over the past couple of months I want to celebrate his birthday like there is no tomorrow. This year we have decided to have his party at our house. I have rented a big bouncy castle and slide combination. I think the kids will love it. The theme for this year is cowboys. It started out with monster trucks, but since we went to the rodeo in January he has been all in to cowboys and bull riding. His invitations are so cute. I begin working on them the other night and it brought such a smile to my face. I love planning his birthday party. As a mom, celebrating your child's birthday is always fun, but I think as a mom who wasn't sure what life was going to be like for her little boy due to her on health issues while pregnant with him makes birthdays even more of a blessing.

For an update on Parker's health, things are going well. We return to the pediatric pulminologist on June 24th for a check-up and a number of allergy test. On the 28th of June we will go back to see the pediatric G.I. to check out his liver. Our little guy is still not eating like he used to. He used to eat none stop. Now, he will eat here and there. He is even happy if you say, "If you don't eat you can not have any snacks." Before, he would eat his meal, have seconds and then still be ready for a snack. Oh well, healing takes time. If all goes well at his upcoming visits he will be able to return to school after the 4th of July weekend. We ask that you continue to keep him in your prayers.

Will chat with you again soon .........

No comments:

Post a Comment