Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby is 2.......

Wow. It is hard to believe that my baby is 2 years old. I mean seriously, am I even old enough to have a 2 years old (no comments from the peanut gallery)?

Saturday, August 22nd, we celebrated Parker's 2nd birthday at Fox Lake Park. It was awesome. He had friends and family both there. When you look at the pictures, you can truly see how much he is loved. He had a wonderful time, except when it came to opening the gifts. Can you believe that he wanted to keep them wrapped......He only wanted the cards. At first I was so embarrassed, but then I had all the other kids come and help me and it turned in to lots of fun. Once Parker so the other kids helping and watching he came to watch, but still only wanted the cards. When it came time to eat the cake he was way to funny. He had been asking for the "baby's birthday cake" for two days. After we sang Happy Birthday I cut him a piece of cake. Well, he wanted nothing to do with that. Instead, he decided that he wanted to eat the whole back off the cake. It was way to cute. Each time he took a bite he would smile great big. Priceless I tell you.

The day after his party, we packed Parker up and he headed to Chiefland with Gama and Poppy for the week. Yes, that's right.....a whole week. He seems to be doing great, but mommy is not doing so great. I have learned that all I do definitely revolves around him. He has become my whole world. The since of emptiness that I feel is awful. I asked Justin if he felt empty and his response was "the house seems empty, but I don't feel empty". He is just so happy that Parker is having so much fun. I too am glad my baby is having fun and getting to spend time with Justin's family, but that hasn't made things any easier. Below is the first letter I have received from Parker while he has been away.......

"Hi Mommy!Today we are swimming "first thing" (that means in the morning and not in the afternoon).....first thing to gama is about 10:30!I am teaching Bridget what it is like to follow her everywhere asking her what she is doing!!!! Even when she goes to the potty.....she has learned to "shut the door :o) )I am really eating good......this morning I had my Milk aka coffee.....and cheerios in my snack cup.....then my gama was eating raisin toast and I wanted a bite! I told gama to make baby toast too!!! I ate half of my piece and shared the other half with Bandit.....speaking of Bandit, I THINK HE IS TIRED.....HE GOES OFF AND HIDES AND WHEN I FIND HIM HE IS SLEEPING....My gama and poppy think you and daddy are real troopers for letting me go to gama's house for a whole week!!We are having sooooooooooooooooo much fun and I am being suchagoodboy! We have to go now....the pool is "calling"
xxxxx0000000x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x
Parker James"

If you don't think that is cute you need to check your pulse....hahaha. Today he has gone to preschool with Gama for the very first time. Things went very well. He painted mommy and daddy a picture, ate his lunch like a big boy and then he even took a nap like all the other kids. After his nap, he had a snack and then headed to the playground. What a big man.
Oh well. Got to get to bed. Chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment