Sunday, August 9, 2009

Holding Back the Tears

I am not sure why, but I am having a way harder time with Parker turning two then I did when he turned one. Is it because he is turning into a real little boy and is not longer a baby?

My mom and dad arrived home late last night from vacation which they had been on for about 10 days. Since we hadn't seen them in such a long time I invited them over for dinner after church. Parker was so excited to see them (as we were). After dinner was over and we were all ready for a nap I packed Parker up to head to Nana and Papaw's for the remainder of the afternoon and evening. Well, after getting his stuff put in his little backpack I put it on him and they began to walk back to Nana and Papaw's. As I watched my baby walk down the sidewalk with his backpack on holding my dad's hand it took all I had not to cry. As they continued on their way, mom turned around and said these words,"Before you know it you will be standing right there watching him get on the school bus." Great. Thanks mom.

As a mom I have learned that one of the best things in life is to watch my baby grow up, but at the same time, it has become one of the hardest things for me to handle. Knowing that I will never experience these stages again is one of the hardest things ever, so I do my very best to watch and take it all in, even if that includes playing on the play ground in Florida in the middle of summer. Yesterday I took Parker to the park and the two of us (yes, the two of us) went down all of the slides, we walked to the lake and watched the boats, we watched the airplanes fly over head, saw birds and to top it off we looked for squirl. Watching him taking in all of the beauty that God has created gave me such a smile and filled my with such joy. God is such an awesome god!

As a working mom it is hard for me to always have the time and patience that my baby deserves, but you can sure bet that if I had to choose between cooking dinner and playing trucks, Pizza Hut is just a phone call away. If you are reading this and you are a parent please remember this....your baby will be all grown up before you know it. Please take all the time you can to love them and love on them. They are a precious angel sent to you from God and there is nothing in this world that can ever replace them.

No comments:

Post a Comment