Thursday, August 13, 2009


Tuesday night my department at work and their family's all went to dinner together. I was a little nervous that things wouldn't go well with Parker since the evenings are his worse part of the day. Just to be on the safe side, Justin drove separately incase he and Parker would need to leave. Well, because Parker is such a person of routine, he was a little out of sorts when we first arrived. By the time everyone else began to show up he had adjusted to the change and the rest of the evening was a breeze. He was a hit. He used his manors - yes mam, no mam, thank you and please. Also, once dinner arrived he put his little hands together and looked at me and said, "may man" (aka - amen), so he and I said the blessing. How cute is that.


Justin has a big day coming up on Monday, August 17th. He will be playing golf with Ken Griffey Senior. How cool is that. I will do my best to have him snap some pictures so that I can post them here on the blog. Me, still working on Parker's 2nd birthday party, as well as his scrapbook. The decorations for his party are all good to go. The theme this year is airplanes. I am hoping to get his cake ordered by the end of the week (have to wait until Sunday since the RSVP date is the 15th of August). The food is going to be pulled pork sandwiches, hotdogs, chips and drinks. The party is scheduled to be at the park from 4:30 to 7:00 (as long as there are no hurricanes). If it rains I have an indoor site for back up. Justin and my dad will be building a corn hole game this weekend for the adults. You are probably thinking to yourself "Why is she going all out. Parker is only turning two and won't remember any way." Here's why. For me and Justin, Parker is such a miracle that I want to make his birthday one big celebration. He is the little guy that we didn't know if we would ever be able to have. What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment