Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mommy.....I woken.....(a.k.a. worken)

Sunday morning I was doing some dishes and getting Parker's bag ready for church when all of the sudden it became very quite in the house. Normally, when things become so quite it can only mean one thing ....... that Parker and Hunter are together and doing something that they shouldn't be. After drying my hands off I decided to go check things out. As I walked down the hall I peeked in to Parker's room, but there was no sign of him or Hunter. As I turned around I hear this little voice say, "Hey mommy. I woken (a.k.a working)." As I stepped in mine and Justin's room here stands Parker at the clothes hamper throwing his little pretzels that are shaped like fish into the hamper. As he would throw them in, Hunter would stick her tong through the holes on the hamper and catch them. What a way to start out a Sunday morning. I decided that there was no harm being down, so instead of me getting upset and Parker throwing a fit, I just left the two of them to play.

Ok. For a kid who doesn't like loud noses, can someone please explain to me why the drums are Parker's favorite instrument. After church yesterday a friend of ours who plays the drums at church took Parker up to the drums and let him play them. It was so cute, but very, very, very loud. He would hit the drums and then look at me and say, "Baby bum, bum (a.k.a. drum).
On Saturday, due to the weather (60% chance of rain) Parker and I were unable to go to the beach, so the two of us, and Hunter, played outside from about 10:30 until just before 2:00. He has really gotten in to riding his four wheeler. He will hop on that thing and say, "Bye, bye. Bob Builder woken". He will then come and give me a kiss and tell me to have a good day. You know, if you ever want to know who you are and what you are like, step back and take a look at your child. It really makes you think. The things Parker says and does are the things I say and do to him (except for that awful temper). Every day before I leave the sitters, I give him a kiss, tell him I am going to work and then I tell him to have a good day.

Well, all is looking good for the 2nd birthday party, all except those darn tropical storms. You know, what is this all about. We haven't had a storm all year and then we have to have three pop up the week of Parker's birthday party which is planned to be outdoors at the park. Go figure. How well. Being the person that I am I have reserved the church gym as a back-up location if we get rained out.

Justin had a great time yesterday playing golf with Ken Griffey Senior. They had a great game of golf, shared lunch and then discussed hunting. How awesome!! As soon as he gets me some pictures I will share them with you.

Ok. Must get to bed. The next time I post will probably be after Parker turns two. I will up date you on the party and how Justin and I are doing with Parker spending the week in Chiefland. Chat soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment